Sunday, November 1, 2009

Sniffing Out a Cure




Sadie and I joined Gap, Inc. a few weeks ago for the annual AIDS walk.  I don't remember what the official name of it was, but Sadie and I were under the impression it was a one mile walk. Turns out, it was a 5k.  For the first mile I thought Sadie could smell the cure at the front of the pack because she was bobbin' and weavin' through the masses trying to get to the front.  This was her debut into Austin's super-social canine scene and she loved it!  There were hundreds of dogs (all shapes and sizes) participating, but people just couldn't get enough of my little Sadie. You'd think she was Frank the Pug from all of the attention she was getting.


It was a good thing so many people wanted to hold Sadie, because after she passed the half-way marker she fell off the curb from exhaustion and spent the rest of the walk cradled in the arms of me, Dionne, Crystal and some random chic (I think she was walking with her co-workers from a local hair salon).  I had to keep an eye on her, though, she looked like she might pugnap sweet Sadie.  After the walk Sadie and I went to Panera Bread to refuel.  Sadie sat perched in her chair and enjoyed an apple while I had my sandwich.  We then went to this cute little pet store and I bought her some pupcorn for participating in her first 5k.

Thanks Crystal and Dionne for inviting us to join.  And, thank you Gap Foundation for playing such an active role in our community!  Are you looking to hire a marketing genius to help out with your operations in the UK?  If so, look me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment